We offer diagnostic, restorative and interceptive orthodontic services. We use various techniques to make each child's experience pleasant by using behavioural management, nitrous oxide, in office sedation (mild and moderate) and treatment under general anesthesia.
You can be assured – we have a commitment to excellence when it comes to the level of care we provide
Before - note the dark grooves with early stage of a cavity.
After - tooth is protected now.
Most cavities start on these chewing surfaces. Sealants are thin coatings that we place to prevent tooth decay.
1. Painless (no numbing needed)
2. Cheaper than fillings
3. Long lasting (5-10 years, although they have to be monitored at check ups)
We only use white materials in our office. Why?
1. They require less tooth to be removed
2. They look more natural
3. They are mercury free and BPA free
4. It's what Dr. Myers would place in her children's teeth
5. There are many white materials that we can use to fit the situation
stainless steel crowns
Despite the color, stainless steel crowns are a great option for severely broken down teeth or child with many cavities.
Stainless steel crowns are effective because:
1. They are long lasting
2. Protect the entire tooth
3. Fall off when the baby tooth comes out
4. Are cheaper than a large white filling
5. Easier to place in an uncooperative child
There are many different types of white crowns that are used in different situations. At our office we always place white crowns on front teeth.
We also offer white crowns for a child's back teeth.
The draw backs include:
1. White crowns on back teeth are more costy
2. They may break down and need to be replaced.
double row teeth
Many parents are concerned when they see adult teeth coming behind baby teeth. This can happen anywhere in the mouth but is most common in the lower jaw.
It is caused by adult teeth coming behind baby teeth rather than underneath them.
If the baby teeth infront are loose encourage the child to wiggle them out.
If the adult tooth is half in and the baby teeth are NOT loose, the baby teeth should be removed to make room (with enough time) for those teeth to be pushed to the front.